Home » , , , » Funny Quotes About Love and Relationships

Funny Quotes About Love and Relationships

What women need to know about love, relationships, and men. Wouldn't you love it if this article had everything you ever needed to know about men in it?! Well, I'm sorry it doesn't. But, it does have some great insights into the lives of men and what they are looking for in a woman to spend the rest of their lives with. This article speaks directly to all my single women out there... but it is a timely message for all of us!

Have you ever had one of those weeks where it seems like messages or themes keep repeating themselves? It was definitely one of those weeks for me. The funny thing was what this theme was... I was like, really God; THIS is what you want me to write? I'm not kidding this theme and message showed up everywhere this week!

So, I know you are dying to know what it is I've heard all week. I want to warn you this will probably ruffle some feathers; but, I'm all about taking leaps of faith lately so here it is: "Men of worth do not marry vagina they marry virtue"

I've lost some of you already I can tell. But I'm serious stay with me here... just keep reading!

Men of Worth Marry Virtue

Let me first explain to you the context of the above stated quote. I was watching "Millionaire Matchmaker" on TV the other night and the resident therapist was giving one of their millionaire clients a few pointers about the difference between casual dating and finding love. What she told him was that if he wanted to be a man and find love he was going to have to do this differently. That's when she dropped the bomb, "Men of worth do not marry vagina. They marry virtue." It was like a light bulb went off in his head... I felt like cheering in my living room!

The definition of virtue is to have worth and to be of good quality or admirable. To my beautiful single women out there-so many of you are missing this! Somewhere along the way you've bought into the LIE that ANY man is better than NO man. Whether you are single or married, let's face it, some of you have given up the belief that you are worth fighting for or that you have anything admirable about you.

Some of you no longer feel like you are even worthy of a good man's love. That is a LIE! Some of you believe that they are no good men left so we settle for whoever is around. That is a LIE! Just because you've been treated like that in the past doesn't make it right or even truth. Just because you haven't found a man of worth who will treat you like the virtuous women you are doesn't mean he isn't out there. Ladies, don't settle! Start to discover, and believe, your own worth. You were designed and made with a purpose and it wasn't to give up and settle.















A Love Story for the Ages

Ruth understood what it meant to wait for a man of worth to come into her life. The story of her life and her eventual marriage to a man of honor is in the book of Ruth in the Bible. Ruth was widowed at a young age in a time in history when it was not good to be without a husband or a son. In this time period all of society was structured around men and Ruth was left homeless, broke, and forced to rebuild her life alone.

Through faith, perseverance, one heck of a plan by her mother-in-law, and God's divine orchestration, Ruth found herself being wooed by the most eligible rich bachelor in town Boaz. She found a love that literally was a love story for the ages! If you haven't read the story yourself and urge you to do that and see how this single woman had the courage to go after what she really wanted.

Ruth and Boaz didn't have their story written for all to read and remember because they were mediocre. Nope, their relationship was special. It was one of mutual admiration, respect, love, and honor. They understood each others worth perfectly and treated one another so. Their story is given to each of us as an example. It is not a pie in the sky idea that is past its time. It is something that can happen to every one of us.

What About You?

Let's be honest. How many of you single women are waiting patiently for God to bring you your Boaz? How many of you are following a carefully thought out plan to weed out the bad guys from the good guys? How many of you are acting like you are someone of worth?

To all my married ladies... how many of us have our "Boaz" but have neglected to treat him like the man of honor that he is? Or, how many of us have let our "Boaz" forget our worth and get away with treating us like we are no longer worthy and desirable... and guys, how many of you have been OK with no longer trying?

I hope I got you thinking today... and maybe even challenged your thoughts and behaviors. I want to see you and your relationships succeed. If you need some help in this area I urge you to contact me and we can start working together to get you out of this cycle. I KNOW you are created for so much more and I want to see you start to believe that. Take a chance!

I want to leave you with this awesome quote I saw floating around on a few statuses' on Facebook this week. It really sums up this topic nicely.

To all the women out there who are in a hurry to have a boyfriend or get married, a piece of biblical advice: Ruth patiently waited for her mate Boaz... While you are waiting for your Boaz, don't settle for any of his relatives... Broke-az, Po-az, Lyin-az, Drunk-az, Cheap-az, Lockedup-az, especially his third cousin Beatinyo-az. Wait on your Boaz and make sure he respects Yo-az."

0 comments:

Post a Comment